Friday, June 30, 2006


Cool To Somebody

Have you ever wondered if you're still cool, or ever were? The other day I had a wake up call. A call that told me that for a certain segment of the population, I'm The Man. I'm cool.

I was at Pot Belly Sandwiches (currently my favorite sandwich shop) getting an Italian. I opted for the fountain drink because I like to be finicky with my beverages. I don't really have any reason to be finicky, I just am because I can. I like diet sodas but some of them still haven't perfected their formulas. So, I like to help them out. I think that a lot of people would agree that Diet Coke with just a touch of Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke mixed in usually fixes it.

There I was at the fountain. I had just put a little ice and Cherry Coke in the bottom of my cup and preparing for the Diet Coke when I noticed a little boy, about 6yrs old, looking up at me. His eyes were wide open and mouth agape. Then I heard his meek voice ask me, "Do you mix?" He had an unsure expression on and seemed in doubt about me responding. I said to him, "Sure, I mix my sodas." His face immediately changed. He beamed. He seemed to change his posture and said in an exuberant voice, "I love to mix!"
I smiled and told him that I know what he means.
I left that restaurant with a smile and really did feel cool the rest of the day. For that moment, he was 6 feet tall and I was 6 years old again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home